As a Pilot School Greater Egleston High School is governed by a board which has seats for 4 school staff, 4 family members of current students, the Head of School, the president of the Student Government and community members. Board members meet throughout the school year as well as participating in board committees.
Genevieve Simon – ELA Teacher
Dedra Lewis – Dean of Students
Shawn Whigham – Humanities Teacher
Rebecca Vilardo – ELA Teacher
President – Vivian Carlo
Secretary – Sonia Arroyo
Treasurer – Genevieve Neuveaux
October 10, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
December 12, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
January 16, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
March 12, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
May 14, 6:00-7:30 p.m.
Teaching and Learning
Dedra Lewis, Sonia Arroyo, Eleanor Roffman
- Leads the board evaluation of Head of School.
- Monitors performance on a variety of measures around student engagement and performance.
Dan Noyes, Rebecca Vilardo
- Monitors board members terms and balance cultivating new members to maintain balance.
- Monitors process for developing Election to Work Agreement and any grievance/dispute resolution matters.
Genevieve Neuveaux, Kevin Brill, Scott Batey
- Monitors budget expenditure and reports out to board on fiscal health of school.
- Develops budget for next fiscal year for board approval.
Virgen Palermo, Donna Cowan
- Works to expand network of support for in-kind and financial contributions to the school.
GE By-Laws – adopted Oct ’18