Hello Everyone! My name is Mrs. Downey Leonard and I are the new Student Support Coordinator/Social Worker this year. I have worked in Boston Public Schools for over 12 years. I LOVE building authentic relationships with our students, families and staff. I come fully equipped with an open heart and ear, ready to assist you throughout your academic journey. I am always ready to help in any way I can. I look forward to working with you all. You can reach out to me when you can. I’m in the office 3 days a week Monday, Tuesday and Thursdays. I will be happy to connect with you via phone, zoom or in person!!
Office Hours: Monday and Thursday 9:00-10:00 a.m Tuesday 9:00-11:00 a,m. and 2:00-3:00 p.m.
- Help Finding a Counselor/Therapist
- William James College Mental Health Partnership-
- William James College Interaface
- Listserv with a list of Clinicians of Color in Massachusetts and Rhode Island
- Innopsych (Therapists of Color)
- Massachusetts Behavioral Health Partnership
Mental Health Resources
- Maintaining Emotional Health and Well-being during Covid
- Taking Care of Your Mental Health
- Massachusetts Department of Mental Health (DMH) Youth 19+
- Massachusetts Department of Mental Health (DMH) Child, Youth, and Family
- Guide to Mental Health Resources for COVID-19
Apps for Youth Mental Health
- Samaritans: 24/7 crisis Helpline based in Massachusetts. Whatever the reason, you can get help from a trained volunteer, offering non-judgmental support.
Call or text: (877) 870-4673
- BAGLY, Inc: virtual programming and support; Check their website or call
- Boston GLASS: virtual support services; Check their website or call 857-399-1920
- Trevor Project: Helpline and Suicide Prevention focusing on LGBTQ youth.
text or chat online (866) 488-7386 or Text START to 678678
- Youth on Fire: Confidential, nonjudgmental, LGBQT inclusive space for youth, 14-24 year olds
- Trans Lifeline: Peer-support hotline; all operators are transgender. Call (877) 565-8860